Friday, December 31, 2010

Upcycle those Christmas Cards!

Ever wonder what in the world to do with ALL of those Chrimtmas cards that you get?  Well here is a great example of how to upcycle them on a budget! 
How about a paper bag photo album?
Pin It
This was super fun to make and doesn't cost much at all! I'm pretty sure that you can buy a bag of paper bags for about $1 and have plenty leftover to make more! As for me this project was 100% free as I used all items that I had in the house: red bags, scrapbook paper, Christmas stickers and cards. The beautiful red bags were donated to my cause by my hubby!
I made this while that darn camera was still MIA so I will have to post a tutorial a little later when I get a chance to make another one.  I offered to make one for a friend so I will use hers as the tutorial!   So now on with the show!

This is the album with the cover open.. so you can see my whole Christmas card from this year.
This is my daughter's page with her name and pictures of her through the year
and her letter from Santa.

This is the page with all of the pictures from our Family.
This is my middle guy's page.
This our first friend page.
Then onto my Little Guy's page.
Then our last page of friends!
Also because the album is made of bags, I put all of the cards that we received inside of them so that I now have my Christmas card list ready for next year!
So this year save those Christmas cards from an untimely death in the garbage can and make yourself an album!
I am sharing this with


Love,
Pinkapotamus


6 comments:

  1. Great idea! I just keep mine tied together in my Christmas decor boxes. I think I need to make an album with them.

    Thanks for linking up and sharing on Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Perfect thing to do with all of those cards! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea! It looks lovely!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea! I think I'll be doing something like this! Thanks for sharing at the craft catwalk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a GREAT idea. I have years and years of stored Christmas cards...I hate to throw them out. Thanks so much for sharing with air your laundry Friday!

    xoxo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete